By John Scappini
Five people received the President's Medal for Distinguished Service from the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) at the organization's 90th annual meeting, held in Chicago last month. The medals were awarded by Gordon E. Mills, the 2008–2009 president of NCARB.
The medalists are:
* Erica Brown, director of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
* James Cramer, chairman and CEO of the Greenway Group and founding president of the Design Futures Council
* William Dikis, a member of the Iowa Architectural Examining Board from 1983 to 1992 and president of the Iowa board for three of those years
* Glenda Loving, executive secretary of the Iowa Architectural Examining Board
* Edward F. Tredo V, one of the longest-serving nonarchitect members of the ARE subcommittee