As of December 16th 2009, the newest build, V-Ray® 1.50 Service Pack 4a for 3ds Max®, is available from the download section of the Chaos Group site.
The upgrade is free of charge for all current V-Ray for 3ds Max customers of Chaos Group.
The V-Ray® 1.50 Service Pack 4a is compatible with Autodesk® 3ds Max® 8, Autodesk® 3ds Max® 9, Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2008, 3ds Max® 2009, Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2009, Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2010, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2010.
The new V-Ray build supports both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
It includes the following modified features:
• Added support for projection mapping when doing texture baking;
• Added new option to link the V-Ray VFB to PDPlayer;
And several bug fixes:
• Turning off "Affect specular" for a dome light made it invisible to reflections as well;
• Fixed a crash when importing a particular .vrmesh file;
• Fixed crash with VRayFastSSS2 material with VRayDirt map and a standard light with VRayShadowMap;
• The "prepass samples" option in the motion blur rollout did not work;
• Fixed stuck buckets with VRayEnvironmentFog and mesh gizmos;
• Fixed issues with VRayEnvironmentFog and mesh gizmos with modifiers;
• User could not remove gizmos/lights from VRayEnvironmentFog;
• ParticleFlow instancing did not render all mapping channels of original mesh;
• Fixed crash with VFB region render when region is outside of image;
• Turned off by default the option to save the DR servers to the scene (caused slowdown on scene save if servers are offline);
• Fixed some licensing issues.
Note, if you have downloaded V-Ray SP4 for 3ds Max we strongly recommend to upgrade it with V-Ray SP4a for 3ds Max because of the licensing issues.
You can receive additional information about this from our Support Team at: email@example.com